In the neurological system, hormones are synergistic with neurotransmitters – modulating their production, signaling, and metabolism. Because of this complex interplay, testing hormones and neurotransmitters together is an ideal way to generate a more precise clinical assessment. Elements are also important for brain health - deficiencies in iodine or selenium compromise the neuroprotective functions of thyroid hormones and lithium is implicated in neuroprotection and regeneration. Heavy metals, on the other hand, disrupt neurotransmitter synthesis, metabolism, and signaling, contributing to the burden of neurological dysfunction. Combined testing of neurotransmitters with hormones and/or neurotransmitters with heavy metals and nutrients gives practitioners a diagnostic edge over the traditional psychological inventory. It offers the advantage of zeroing in on which therapies are best suited for individual patients – cutting down on the time-consuming process of trial-and-error for identifying treatment options. This testing also allows practitioners to monitor individual biochemical changes during and after intervention.
NeuroAdvanced Profile Includes: GABA, Glu, Gly, DA, Epi, HIST, NE, 5-HT, PEA, DOPAC, HVA, 5-HIAA, NMN, VMA
The NeuroAdvanced profile is ideal for assessing psychological conditions, helping get to the root of issues such as adrenal dysfunction, mood disorders, lack of ambition or libido, OCD and ADD/ADHD. This testing also helps zero in on an individual’s chemistry and guides providers to treatments that are targeted more precisely.
Consider for: Testing neurotransmitters in patients with a suspected neurochemical imbalance can help assess individual biochemistry and get to the root of persistent issues such as:
- Mood / affective disorders
- Adrenal dysfunction
- Addictive behaviors
- Sleep problems
- ADD / ADHD or OCD
- PMS / PMDD
Creatinine is measured in all samples to correct results for urine dilution.
Note: The NeuroAdvanced profile may be ordered in combination with any add-on listed below. Add-ons are not available without ordering the NeuroAdvanced profile.
- Saliva Hormones E2, Pg, T, DS, C
- Urine Hormones E2, Pregnanediol, Allopregnanolone, Androstenedione, T, Epi-T, DHT, DHEA, 5α,3α-Androstanediol
- Diurnal Cortisol Dried Urine: Free Cortisol x4, Free Cortisone x4
- Diurnal Cortisol & Melatonin Dried Urine: Free Cortisol x4, Free Cortisone x4, Melatonin (MT6s) x4
- Diurnal Cortisol, Norepinephrine & Epinephrine Dried Urine: Free Cortisol x4, Free Cortisone x4, NE x4, Epi x4
- Diurnal Cortisol, Melatonin, Norepinephrine & Epinephrine Dried Urine: Free Cortisol x4, Free Cortisone x4, Melatonin (MT6s) x4, NE x4, Epi x4
- Urine Toxic & Essential Elements Iodine, Selenium, Bromine, Lithium, Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury
See Sample Test Report
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.